Healing the Healer : An Intensive Workshop for Practitioner
This intensive workshop is designed to introduce a concept that help explain how dysfunctional relational trauma patterns stem from developmental immaturity that arose due to childhood trauma,
This 3.5 day intensive workshop designed for the purposes of increasing the already present knowledge of clinical therapists who are working with complex clients, focuses on concepts derived from Jeanna's years of experience and training in childhood developmental trauma, shock trauma, body mind connection, body psychotherapy, nervous system responses to trauma, ego state therapy and complex trauma. Including her knowledge from teachers such as Pia Mellody, Post Induction Treatment PIT model, RN, LCDC, Peter Levine, Ph.D., Dave Berger, Francine Shapiro, Ph.D, David Grand, Ph.D, Bessel Van Der Kolk, Ph.D, Dan Seagal, M.D, and John Lee.
Objectives of the workshop:
• Discuss the important role that family-of-origin issues play in attachment and development,
• Demonstrate and practice techniques to assist clients in identifying their childhood traumas,
• Describe the core issues that make up developmental immaturity and subsequently increase the repetitive dysfunctional relational trauma patterns with the self and others,
• Describe and demonstrate how the nervous system responds to child hood trauma and shock trauma and techniques to help alleviate the distress,
• Analyze and then practice the concepts of how wounded parts of our childhood memory arise and make it difficult to heal,
• Introduce techniques that help reconnect the whole self so that these arising childhood parts of us are more settled and can heal.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 713-660-0776 for upcoming workshop dates.
Qualifications include a master’s or doctorate in a helping or educational profession, certification/state licenses, and present employment in counseling services or private practice. Although this workshop is designed for the practitioner to experience the process through experiential work and practice, it is recommended that you have done some of your own recovery and trauma healing.
18 continuing education credits are available. In order to obtain a certificate of completion, you must attend the workshop in its entirety. No partial credit will be given. No exceptions. GCCS is a CEU provider for the Texas State Board of Social Workers Examiners and the Texas State Board of Examiners of Professional Counselors
$700 per person. This includes the 3.5-day intensive workshop, materials and invitation to a ongoing practice and coaching group. $20.00 additional fee, if you are wanting CEU credits. The workshop is 3.5 consecutive days, Wednesday 5:30-8:00pm, Thursday -Saturday 9:00am-4:30pm.
Cancellation policy: For a full refund a written cancellation notice must be received 60 days prior to the training. Cancellations received less than 60 days prior will be refunded less $300 cancellation fee. No refunds will be given on or after the workshop date.